11.08.2012

vancouver part 4: gelato, cannabis, + justin bieber

before we knew it, it was the final day of the conference (friday), and therefore our last real day in vancouver. stephanie had to leave mega early in the AM (to get back to the usa in time for her brother's wedding), so taryn, taylor, katie + i played around for a bit around vancouver to celebrate our last day there!

t + t demonstrating some kinda exercise they learned about during one of the workshops (during our lunch break):

we decided to skip on over to the lovely silvestre's (we stopped by there earlier this week, as you can see from this post) and got some mega delicious gelato to satisfy our post-lunch dessert cravings.


ah, gas town. so, SO gorgeous and so, SO filled with so many cute little shops + restaurants! definitely a must-see for anyone traveling to vancouver. love it.


after lunch + some shopping around, we headed back to the conference for closing remarks/wrap up from the fitzmaurice conference co-directors (from l-r: leslie ishii and noah drew) and the fitzmaurice teachers (far l-r: catherine fitzmaurice, and her son, saul kotzubei).

it had been quite the week of learning more about fitzmaurice and we were all so, so excited to take back all that we had learned to BYU to implement into our team-teaching of the TMA 121/122 classes in the fall (voice and diction/voice production classes for theatre).

us with noah drew:

katie + i with another vancouverian friend we made during the week:

and just like that, the conference was over! however, the day was still young...so we headed back to our hotel and took plenty of photos on our jaunt back.

including a photo of the "cannabis culture headquarters" that we walked right by each and every morning en route to the conference site...yes, in case you were wondering: cannabis IS legal in canada; marijuana is not. there's a HUGE difference, apparently. you can tell from the 3287130 signs stating that on the storefront windows. (:


this was a photo of our beautiful hotel from afar! it was mega neat that i was able to find a postcard of vancouver (one of many) that showed this very hotel on it! so basically, we were staying in one of the best (or at least most recognizable) hotels in downtown vancouver, no big deal!

we were feeling a bit adventurous on our way back to the hotel, so we decided to stop in a random convenience store. tay commented that she wanted some gum, and excitedly picked up a promising-looking pack of green apple yum, until she quickly found out...

...it wasn't gum. it was actually rolling paper, to make a marijuana cannabis 'joint' to smoke. yummy. but we opted out of buying it, don't worry mom + dad!

a random pretty view from inside our hotel lobby:

once we made it back to the hotel, we headed right back out (tay + taryn + i) to get some of the best pizza we ever did eat. it was at this cute little window that you just walked up to, and you got two slices of deliciously huge pizza for just $5! just love rustic canadian pizza.

the goods to choose from:

we wanted to eat outside since it was so, SO gorgeous out, but we opted to move indoors instead, as we had learned that hobos/other random street walkers tended to beg innocent bystanders for money if they looked like they might have even a mere dime to spare. note: this also happened if you sat on the street-side of an indoor establishment and the windows were open. hence, we chose to sit as far away from the windows as we could so we could enjoy our deliciously rustic pizza in peace.



once our stomachs were full, we headed off to explore what little bit of vancouver we could before nightfall.

the vancouver train station, aka the 'canadian pacific railway' (just like a two minutes' walk from our hotel; took taryn right from here to the airport for just under $3!):

the sign outside the vancouver train startion: remember when we went on that gondola ride?!

random pretty buildings all around vancouver - i couldn't get over how incredible the architecture was for most of our week-long stay:

ah, of course. what trip to vancouver would be complete without paying my boyfriend, justin bieber, a visit? he was busy working a perfume store that night, but he still showed me some love. good enough for me.

oh and ps, this is what just about every street intersection looked like from above: lots of criss-crossing cables and such for the many trains/buses/etc. that traveled through these streets on a regular basis. thank you, cheap public transportation!

we ended our night by window-shopping in the largest urban outfitters i ever did see. tay sampled some head-wear,

while i sampled some eyewear.

OH. and how could i forget? i was [this] close to putting money down on my very first vinyl [record], but ended up deciding not to, seeing as how i still have yet to find a workable record player. sigh, someday. someday.

once ten o'clock struck, we hustled on out of urban outfitters and scurried up and down the streets, past the many club-going vancouverians (the night was only beginning for them!), and on back to our hotel. the rest of the night was spent chatting, reminiscing, packing, and sleeping our little souls away until morning when we'd all be heading back to our home, sweet, homes...

...that is, all except for me: who was off to spend the next day in beautiful seattle, washington! stay tuned for the next post about my day-long adventure in my new favorite city in the pacific northwest. (:

27 comments:

  1. These posts are so well done! You know mom now talks all the time about how she really needs to go visit Vancouver ;) I don't blame her. Glad you had so much fun (and were surrounded by lots of good friends to ward off any stray hobos!) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please let me know if you're looking for a article writer for your blog. You have some really great articles and I think I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd love to write some articles for your blog
    in exchange for a link back to mine. Please shoot me an e-mail if interested.
    Thank you!

    Also visit my blog :: auto owners insurance

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello There. I found your blog using msn.
    This is a very well written article. I will make sure to bookmark
    it and come back to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post.
    I will definitely return.

    My homepage exercises to increase vertical leap

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's Happening i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I have found It positively helpful and it has aided me out loads. I hope to give a contribution & help different users like its helped me. Great job.

    Here is my homepage ameliasalingcorner.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its not my first time to go to see this site, i am visiting this web site dailly and obtain fastidious facts from here daily.


    My web blog rednecktube.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I do think this is an excellent web site. I stumbledupon it ;) I
    am going to revisit once again since I bookmarked it.
    Money and freedom is the greatest way to change, may you be rich
    and continue to help other people.

    My blog post; vacation destinations in new mexico

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you know a few of the
    images aren't loading properly. I'm not sure why but I think its a linking issue.
    I've tried it in two different web browsers and both show the same results.

    Feel free to surf to my website homehealthstartup.org

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yesterday, while I was at work, my sister stole my apple
    ipad and tested to see if it can survive a 25 foot drop, just so she can
    be a youtube sensation. My iPad is now destroyed and she has 83
    views. I know this is entirely off topic but I had to share it with
    someone!

    Feel free to visit my homepage Ertanozgur.Tk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the auspicious writeup. It actually was a amusement account it.
    Look complex to more brought agreeable from you! By the
    way, how can we communicate?

    Also visit my website small penis

    ReplyDelete
  10. Saved as a favorite, I really like your website!

    Here is my web page - vertical jump training program

    ReplyDelete
  11. Link exchange is nothing else however it is simply placing
    the other person's web site link on your page at appropriate place and other person will also do same in support of you.

    My site: workouts for vertical

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm amazed, I have to admit. Seldom do I come across a blog that's both educative and engaging, and let me tell
    you, you've hit the nail on the head. The issue is something too few people are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy I found this in my hunt for something regarding this.

    Also visit my homepage - cellsbee.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's enormous that you are getting ideas from this post as well as from our dialogue made at this place.

    my page: http://verticaljump.einfohound.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Usually I do not read article on blogs, however I wish to say that
    this write-up very forced me to try and do so! Your writing taste has been amazed me.
    Thank you, very great post.

    My blog post ... exercises to improve vertical jump

    ReplyDelete
  15. Its like you read my mind! You appear to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it or
    something. I think that you can do with some pics to drive the message
    home a bit, but instead of that, this is magnificent blog.

    A fantastic read. I'll definitely be back.

    Also visit my blog ... Workouts To Increase Vertical

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like it when people get together and share
    thoughts. Great blog, continue the good work!

    Also visit my web blog; workouts to Improve vertical

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey there would you mind sharing which blog platform you're using? I'm going to start my own blog soon but I'm having a hard time selecting between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for something
    completely unique. P.S My apologies for being off-topic but I had to ask!


    my blog post - Exercises For Vertical Leap

    ReplyDelete
  18. Currently it looks like Drupal is the preferred blogging
    platform out there right now. (from what I've read) Is that what you are using on your blog?

    Feel free to surf to my page http://seo-for-website.com/groups/several-suggestions-for-improving-your-ability-to-jump/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh mу goodness! Αwеѕome
    artiсle dude! Many thanks, Hοwever I am going through diffіcultieѕ with your RSS.
    I dοn't know why I am unable to subscribe to it. Is there anybody getting the same RSS problems? Anybody who knows the answer will you kindly respond? Thanx!!

    My page - reputation management

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have been browsing online more than 4 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like
    yours. It's pretty worth enough for me. In my view, if all web owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be a lot more useful than ever before.

    Visit my website; Exercises For vertical jump

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't know whether it's just me or if everyone else encountering issues with your
    site. It appears like some of the text in your content
    are running off the screen. Can somebody else
    please provide feedback and let me know if this is happening to them as well?

    This could be a issue with my web browser because I've had this happen previously. Appreciate it

    My website - vertical jump exercises

    ReplyDelete
  22. I know this if off topic but I'm looking into starting my own blog and was curious what all is needed to get setup? I'm assuming having a blog like yours would
    cost a pretty penny? I'm not very web savvy so I'm not 100%
    sure. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Appreciate it

    Stop by my homepage: workouts to increase vertical jump

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey there! I've been following your blog for some time now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Huffman Tx! Just wanted to say keep up the excellent job!

    My weblog weloveindia.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi, its pleasant article concerning media print, we all understand
    media is a great source of information.

    Here is my blog ... exercises for vertical leap

    ReplyDelete
  25. Paгagraph writing iѕ alѕο a еxcitement, іf you know thеn you саn writе otherwіѕe іt іѕ cοmρlex to
    write.

    Αlso visit my site - diamondlinks review

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is my first time pay a quick visit at here and i am really pleassant to read everthing at single place.


    Also visit my weblog: workouts for vertical leap

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...