Low-Fat Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
Recipe from skinnytaste.com
Makes one delicious loaf. (:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup brown sugar (not packed)
1-1/8 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips (i used dark chocolate + added in extra...just love chocolate in every bite!)
1 large egg, beaten
2 tbsp melted butter
1 cup apple sauce
1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini (not packed)
1. Preheat oven to 325°. Spray or grease the bottom and sides of your bread pan so it won't stick after baking.
2. Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Mix well.
3. Add chocolate chips (a generous extra amount too, if you like chocolate :) and gently mix to combine.
4. In a medium bowl, mix egg, vanilla, melted butter, apple sauce and zucchini. Add to the flour mixture and stir until just blended.
5. Pour batter into a large 9x5 inch loaf pan.
6. Bake at 325° for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for about 10 minutes. Remove loaf from pan and let it cool on a wire rack before slicing.