3.02.2012

Marathon "Monday"...just slightly overdue. Week 1!

So, totally stealing this idea from older sister Ruth, I'm going to start doing updates each Monday to commemorate my 18 weeks of Utah Valley Marathon training! (:

Two Saturday nights previous (2/18..aka two days before marathon training officially was to begin) I finally finalized my marathon training plan...day-by-day. I just kind of like making schedules...a little bit, I guess.

I then started off (Marathon) Monday (2/20) morning reading this lovely "Runner's World Daily Kick-In-The-Butt" quote :

Thank you, Kara. Happy training, indeed! (:

So here's the official first-week breakdown:

Monday - 3 mile TM run (26 mins), abs + arm workout/weights after.
Tuesday - 4 mile TM run (35 mins), legs + back workout/weights.
Wednesday - Rest/recovery day...more on that later.
Thursday - 3 miles on the elliptical (26 mins), lots of stretching.
Friday - 2 mile TM run (23 mins).
Saturday - 6 mile TM run (55 mins).

Total mileage: 15 miles (+ 3 on the elliptical)

Basically, I started the week off feeling great...I mean, come on, I went out on Monday after my run and got my first-ever mani/pedi (February special = only $10 total if you got the two together...um, yes please) with freshman year roommate, Macey. What more could I ask for as a relaxing and casual start to marathon training? 

Oh, that's right...maybe I should have gotten another the next day. Because I started off Tuesday (marathon training day #2, mind you) with three of the following occurring (more or less in this exact order):

1.  A 4 mi early morning TM run, accompanied by some abnormal pain in my right knee during (and remaining pretty unbearable until about Friday)
2. A great (or so I thought) first-ever leg + back workout (which may or may not have resulted in #3 happening in the middle of the school day while I was trying to stretch out the aforementioned knee...)
3. (See picture below, I think it's pretty self-explanatory.)

I rest my case.

3 comments:

  1. You have inspired me to keep training sarah..I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol both mom and I have done this to our jeans in the last two weeks!!! I patched mine up and mom threw hers away... Which will yu do?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...