(Recipe adapted from Grandma Joanne Kron's recipe book :)
Makes 12 Barbecue Cups (About 6 servings, even though my three roommates and I each ate three :)
Biscuit Cups (see below)
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion (I just used about 2 tsp. onion powder)
1 clove garlic, crushed, if desired (I just used about 1/2 tsp. garlic powder...poor college student here ;)
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (I used Mexican shredded cheese - more flavors!)
1. Heat over to 400 degrees F. Prepare biscuit cups (see below).
2. Cook and stir ground beef, onion (powder) and garlic (powder) in 10-inch skillet over medium heat until beef is brown; drain. Stir in barbecue sauce; heat through. Spoon beef mixture into cups; sprinkle with cheese.
3. Bake until crust is golden brown, about 15 minutes (almost exactly!).
4. Serve with extra barbecue sauce or ranch dressing on the side; enjoy!
(Note: If you have your own biscuit recipe, feel free to use that instead. This is just the one I used [from Grandma's recipe card] since I was pressed for time)
1. Mix 2 cups Bisquick baking mix and 1/2 cup cold water (I ended up using closer to 1 cup because it was really sticky) until soft dough forms; beat vigorously 20 strokes.
2. Drop by spoonfuls into 12 ungreased medium muffin cups. Press dough on bottom and up side of each cup with floured hands.