1.01.2012

2012 Running Resolutions

So I kind of have a ton of goals for this coming year (all reasonable + fully achievable, I believe), and some of the ones I'm most excited about are my running (!!) goals. Here's a sneak peak of what I'll be up to for the wonderful year of 2012 (race-wise):

1. The 34th Annual 30K Winter Running Series in Salt Lake City, UT. This is a series of three races (for one flat fee of $40!): a 5K (3.1 miles) one week, a 10K (6.2 miles) two weeks later, and a 15K (9.3 miles) two weeks after that. I thought this would be such a fun way to start off the new year - especially since I've never run a 10K or 15K before.
Dates: January 28th (5K), February 11th (10K), and February 25th (15K)

2. The Spring Runoff in Gunnison, UT. This is a half-marathon (13.1 miles) that I'm going to be running as my half-way point in my marathon training program.
Date: April 14th

3. The Utah Valley Marathon (!!!) starting in Wallsburg, UT and ending at Provo Tabernacle Park. This is going to be my first-ever full marathon (26.2 miles)!! And I am BEYOND excited (and a little nervous/anxious/etc.).
Date: June 9th 

4. (Granting that I complete my first marathon and am still in love with running afterwards...) The Layton Marathon in Layton, UT (starting at Antelope Island and ending in Layton City). This is going to (hopefully) be my second full marathon (26.2 miles)...which will be special to me since this is where I ran my first half marathon this past fall. I loved the scenery, the weather, the distance, and the race overall. So hopefully I'll still love it after double the mileage! 

I'm already registered for the Winter 30K Series and just signed up a couple of days ago for the Utah Valley Marathon...I can already tell this is going to be a spectacular year. Bring it on, 2012. (: 

1 comment:

  1. You're a star. I want to be you. But alas, I'm not.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...