Trick-or-Treat Brownie Cupcakes
(Recipe from bettycrocker.com)
Makes 24 cupcakes
1 box (1 lb 2.3 oz) Betty Crocker fudge brownie mix (or you can make your own brownies!)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tbsp water
1 cup white vanilla baking chips (you can substitute these for regular chocolate chips, but if you do then your frosting probably will be brown instead of orange haha (: )
1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
6 tbsp butter or margarine, softened
3 tbsp milk
6-8 drops red food color
6-8 drops yellow food color
24 miniature candy bars
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 24 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray. In medium bowl, mix brownie mix, oil, water and eggs. Divide batter among muffin cups. Bake 13-18 minutes or until centers are set and toothpick inserted near edge of cupcake comes out clean. Note: the brownies will probably have caved-in a bit in the center. That is supposed to happen!
2. Cool 30 minutes. Run metal spatula around edge of each brownie; lift out to remove from muffin cup. Note: don't leave the brownies in the muffin cups for very much longer than 30 minutes or else they will cool entirely in the muffin cup pan and will break apart instead of coming out all in one piece.
3. In microwavable bowl, microwave vanilla chips uncovered on Medium (50%) 45-75 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds, until melted. Cool slightly.
4. In medium bowl, beat powdered sugar, butter, milk, and food colors on medium speed until fluffy. Stir in melted vanilla chips. Spoon frosting over cooled cupcakes; top each with a candy bar.
5. Display beautifully and allow others to indulge. (: