6.20.2010

papa's day (:

This past Sunday (Father's Day) I was asked to speak in front of the congregation on "The God of our Fathers." The following is a little excerpt from my talk (:

Another wonderful example is of Stephen, the holy martyr who gave his life for his faith. He “looked up steadfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, and said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of Man standing on the right hand of God.”

I love that story and reading it reminds me, obviously, of my own father here, Stephen Kron. I am so grateful for His wonderful example and for his vast knowledge and love of the Gospel and also for his great love for our God and Savior. I know that without a doubt, just like the Stephen of Old, my own father would give his life for his faith in a heartbeat. His testimony is so strong and I know that there is nothing that could ever make him falter. I am eternally grateful for his ability and willingness to naturally share the gospel daily with all those around him.

Basically, I love my daddy (: that's nothing new! He is my prime example, inspiration, and idol. He's amazingly spiritual, enveloped in serving others (family, friends, strangers), and he gives the most stellar advice. Today is a day that is all about him and I am just incredibly grateful to have him in my life, and most especially as my own father. For his Father's Day present, I wrote him a letter with a list of 20 of my favorite memories I've had with him (in the past 20ish years he's been my dad!) including things from Easter egg hunts to Clipper's games to talent shows to everyday conversations and sososo many more.

Today's your day, daddy! (: I love you so much and hope you had an amazing Father's Day. I'm so glad that I have the blessing of being your daughter and I cherish every memory, every moment we have together (and the many, many more to come!).


I love you, Daddy! Happy Father's Day from your one & only Sarah B (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...