6.13.2010

girls camp.

I light the light of INTEGRITY. It has been said that what you are speaks so loudly that I cannot hear your words. I must make my actions equal to my knowledge. This is commitment. This is honesty. When I can be trusted to never veer from what is right- even in my thoughts; when I am brave enough to stand always for truth and righteousness- then I can know my Savior, for His image will be engraved upon my countenance. “Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord: Or who shall stand in His Holy place? He that hath clean hands and a pure heart, who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.” (Psalms 24:4)

I learned so much my six years in the Young Women's program for my church. Looking back through the large stack of spiritual thoughts, like the one above, that i have collected over the years.. it seems so clear to me that certain things we said and given to me for a divine purpose and reason. I feel so foolish for not heeding the words which were spoken unto me, because it's only now that i'm realizing how much they would've helped.. had i simply listened to them then, rather than simply reading them through and skipping right over the meaning when I was asked.

I'm eternally grateful for the processes of repentance and forgiveness, as well as the plan of salvation. These are some of the greatest blessings of my life.

I'm not going to allow myself to simply go through the motions of life anymore. Regardless of how much pain I may be in; how afraid I may be; how broken I may feel; I am going to start right now to get back on track and re-discover why I am the way that I am.

No day but today, right?

1 comment:

  1. you're still wayyy ahead of where i was when i was your age, kid ( : keep that attitude with you, re-remind yourself of it often. *like*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...