3.29.2010

I belong to the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow Him in faith.
I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor His name.
I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light.
His truth I will proclaim. (:

ah, primary days. back when i was eight years old and the highlight of my week was going to church on sunday and getting to hold the 'be reverent!' sign in primary or sing primary songs (: those days seem so far away.. that was over a decade ago for me. 

but here i am, eleven years later, still singing the same songs. because when you're going through primary, your top priorities tend to be winning the sharing time games or getting to conduct the music with one of sister nielsen's many 'wands.' but when you're an adult.. you can look back and still sing those same songs, but now you're able to focus less on memorizing the words for the next primary program and more on the actual words being sung.

i guess the sparknotes version of what i'm trying to say overall is just.. i love my church. i love this gospel. i love the happiness and peace and joy it gives to me daily.. whether i'm reading my scriptures or saying my prayers or just going about any other aspect of my life.. just knowing that i have this amazing gift in my life is a blessing in and of itself. i lovelovelove it (:

and more specifically, i love the comfort and peace that comes from knowing that when i'm stressed or feeling sick or any combination of the two (as i was), i can ask for a blessing (as i did) from any worthy priesthood holder and i know i will feel better with that alone (as i do). it's seriously amazing! now not to say that i didn't need to still get my head back on straight and drink more fluids + get plenty of sleep.. but a priesthood blessing has never failed to give me peace and comfort and the faith that i know i will get better in time. and it also never fails to reassure me of the incredible love that my Heavenly Father has for me (: 

i love being a mormon (: i love being happy all the time. i love feeling at peace. i love knowing that i can and will be reunited with my family again after this life. i love being out here at byu/in utah in general and being surrounded by people who believe the same things i do + have the same standards as me + i can tell are noticeably happier than anywhere else i've ever been. and i know why. because they know the same things i do (: and you can know them too! anyone and everyone can. now i'm not saying that everyone needs to be a mormon; i understand that everyone has their own beliefs and such and such. but if you're doubting any aspect of your life or if you're feeling that your God doesn't love you.. think again! because i know beyond a shadow of a doubt that He loves me, and you, and everyone! regardless of what mistakes we've made or how far we've strayed.. He's always willing and happy to take us back with open arms (:

now i know to anyone reading this that isn't mormon might be a little confused by all this.. so i've put links on certain words in case you're curious or something and want to check it out (: no need to dedicate yourself to being a mormon or anything rash; just click on the words "priesthood," or "Heavenly Father," above, or "plan of happiness (:," "basic beliefs," or "the book of mormon" below to learn more!


p.s. a lot of the stuff you find on the internet about mormons is incredibly false.. but if you want some legit church sites, check out mormon.org (where i got the links above from) or lds.org (for more in-depth topics).

aaaaaand just as a side note, there's no need to get upset if you don't agree with what i'm saying or with the mormon church in general. if you have questions, feel free to ask. but this is my blog and i'm practicing my right to freedom of speech in talking about something that i'm passionate about so please try to respect that (: thanks!

besides, even if you don't agree with the beliefs of the mormon church..
i'll find it hard to believe if you say you don't think that the mormon temples are simply gorgeous (:


salt lake city, temple
[sarah nichols photography]

2 comments:

  1. i love this. you have amazing faith and i love getting to read about it here slash talk about the church with you all the time!
    <3micae

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello? you live in provo. that temple looks like an upside down thumbtack. happily, it (the the couple others like it) are the exception rather than the rule.

    happy you're happy, girl!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...